South Africa - 2006

South Africa - 2006

Comments

  1. Where I come from looks a bit like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's somewhere in the eastern Transvaal ... on a drive I took between Pretoria and Swaziland. I loved that area, and it felt very much like the American west to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much of the highveld looks like that. Much of a muchness, I suppose, but it always gives a great sense of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree. It looks a little like Eastern Washington in terrain, but more tragic when you see the city areas. Keep 'em coming, Mark! ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mark, you got around while you were out here. Beautiful photos. I think you captured the sense of contrast that you get travelling through SA. We drove from the Wild Coast through Mthata to East London last week and it was like seeing the world in 4 hours, not only in terms of landscapes but people and their wealth. It really is a microcosm of the world with all its beauty and ugliness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Installed the Lion upgrade on my iMac this morning, though not without difficulty