Remember ... megapixels don't matter. :)


Remember ... megapixels don't matter.  :)

Originally shared by Scott Kelby

This Can’t Be a Good Photo, Because…

…I’ve read enough from people in forums on the Web who have convinced me there is no way this could be a good shot because….

(a) It was taken with a 6-megapixel consumer camera (the original Canon Digital Rebel) back in 2006
(b) I shot it with the cheap kit lens that came with the camera
(c) My camera was set to JPEG mode
(d) It was taken on a $14.95 tripod (I forgot mine at home so I had to buy one at Walmart)

I’m going back there again soon on a family vacation, but this time I’m taking:

(a) A Nikon D800 36-megapixel camera or my Nikon D4
(b) A 14-24mm f/2.8 lens that along costs more than the camera, lens, and tripod I shot the image above with combined.
(c) I’ll shoot in RAW mode and post-process the image in Lightroom 4
(d) I’ll be using an Gitzo Carbon-fiber tripod with a Really Right Stuff BH-40 ball-head and I’ll have a cable release this time
But with all that cool gear and technology, I am pretty darn certain I won’t get nearly as good a shot. There’s a lesson in there somewhere. ;-)

Have a great weekend everybody, and here’s wishing you great shots no matter what gear you’re shooting with.

Comments

  1. My Canon Rebel, which I bought in 2006, was 10.2 megapixels!  So I think this info in inaccurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh ... I know the original Rebel model was only 6 MP, but I think it was introduced a couple years before that.  I remember looking at one when I was trying to figure out which digital SLR to get ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, me too. I remember loving my Rebel. Served me well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Installed the Lion upgrade on my iMac this morning, though not without difficulty